1. Thank you to all the nice e mails from people who listened to Quote/Unquote on BBC Radio 4 the other day.
One woman wrote: You sounded a lot better then I thought you would.
I like that she had such low expectations.
We taped two shows back to back and a new show will be on Saturday the 27th at 11 PM. Marcel Theroux, Mary Beard and Arthur Smith are also on the panel and make it worth listening to.
2. The Observer Food Monthly column will be called The Fussy Eater (i love that title) and the first one runs Sunday March 14.
3. I’ve been shortlisted for British Press Awards Interviewer Of The Year. The dinner/ceremony is on March 22 and win or lose (which we know will be: lose) I will report back on how it went.
4. Is it okay to wear the same dress I wore two years ago when I went? Why not. I haven’t worn it since and it’s still in the dry-cleaning bag. No one will notice. And if they do, who cares. I hate the thought of having to shop for a new dress. My self-esteem plummets when I don’t fit in the one I really like or worse, when I DO fit into it and only then, look at the price-tag.
5. I’ll be in the Oxford Literary Festival March 27th at 4 — a debate between an optimist and a pessimist.
My event is scheduled at exactly the same time as Martin Amis.